Yes, I searched far and wide and alas... I found the miracle known as the Swiffer! My house has plenty of brooms and mops to clean with but when I use them I feel like I'm in the stone age. Seriously, I think the Swiffer is such a well-designed product (props to IDEO - I think it was them who designed it). When you use a broom or a mop, your cleaning tool essentially gets dirtier and dirtier as you clean. But not so with the Swiffer! With a Swiffer, you get to throw away the dirtiness. And the whole thing is compact and easy to use. Anyway, so I ended up finding a Swiffer at El Corte Ingles, which is the biggest department store here. I knew that they had to sell Swiffers somewhere because I had spotted the Swiffer refill towels in a supermarket near my house. I still haven't been able to find the wet Swiffer refill wipes though (in the US I use Swiffer wet, Swiffer dry, and the Swiffer carpet flick!). Oh I also am a big fan of Clorox products. I really miss my Clorox wipes! You forget how useful these things are until you go abroad and don't have them anymore :p.
In other news... I got sick earlier last week. It was so terrible. I had fevers for two days and then a cold which I'm just getting over now. I don't know how it happened because I haven't been that sick in a long time, and I don't usually get very sick in general. The worst part was that I didn't go to school for two days so I fell really behind with my work and it just threw off my whole routine. So I'm very happy that I'm better now. I dropped my Design Management class and I've committed to (meaning I've put down the money!) taking dance classes every morning at the ballet school near my house. I feel like I'm getting back on track! I can't believe it's already February. I've been thinking of staying here longer after my school trimester ends, because 3 months just seems too short! But it all depends on how much it will cost and if the Consulate here will let me...
Ooh yesterday I had lunch with some classmates by the port, just across the street from our school. Then we walked over a bridge to this area they call "Maremagnum". I can't believe it's taken me more than a month to discover this place! It is so beautiful and just steps away from my school. It's just a really nice public space where you can sit by the water, eat, chat etc. And then there's a mall, a movie theater, an IMAX theater, and an aquarium too. It reminds me a lot of the South Street Seaport in Manhattan, only nicer :).
Alright, it's back to work for me now. I'm going to try to be a better blogger... Really I am! I think the key lies in shorter, but more frequent posts ;).
Awww Joyce, being sick is no fun! Glad to hear you're better. Karl was sick for a while here too. How's the weather out there? Does it snow in Barcelona? The snow here has pretty much melted, but you never know when it will snow again.
ReplyDeleteAnd noooooooooo to you staying in Barcelona. Hahaha. Do what you want I guess, but you have to come back to graduate, don't you? =p