Today is Memorial Day. Leslie (RISD Industrial Design department head) invited everyone over to her house for an end of the year ID celebration! I played some volleyball, ate hot dogs and hamburgers, went to the beach, and walked through a farm. There's a farm behind Leslie's house, so we could see cows from her backyard. That was pretty cool... I'm always surprised by the amount of backyard space people have in America. In China we have teensy tiny backyards - and no wild animals. Everything is man-made. But Leslie's house had a forest path behind it with wild turkeys and coyotes! :D
Little piggies!
Big momma pig
Leslie's daughter Mia petting one of the pigs. I've never seen pigs so up close before. They were HUUUGE.
I couldn't believe you could just walk to the beach from their backyard. What a beautiful place to grow up in!
Happy Memorial Day/end of year! This has been an interesting week... I sort of watched everyone go through finals and move out and now I'm in this strange mode where it feels like summer break/vacation, but I don't want it to feel that way because I don't want it all to end! It's all very surreal and bittersweet. I am really going to miss these past 4 years...
Nice last couple of posts and nice pictures too. I still read your blog Joyce!
If you were astonished by this farm, my Uncle owns a farm out in the middle-of-nowhere Mass. Cows, Quail, a few pigs, etc. It's cool to visit sometimes.
I am a student at the Rhode Island School of Design, studying abroad in Barcelona during the last semester of my senior year. This is my Barca blog, aka "el bloggo de Pango". Thanks for visiting!
Nice last couple of posts and nice pictures too. I still read your blog Joyce!
ReplyDeleteIf you were astonished by this farm, my Uncle owns a farm out in the middle-of-nowhere Mass. Cows, Quail, a few pigs, etc. It's cool to visit sometimes.